Friday, September 14, 2007

Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

Oh my sweet Jesus, how I praise you and thank you for coming in the form of a slave to show me, and everyone who wishes to see, the way back to the Father. May I never lose sight of you or falter in courage as I press into the cross that is fashioned for me; the Cross that will transform us into yourself. May I never shrink from the desire to be in conformity with you through my suffering.

Your way of suffering is not to be feared for you are there~my ever loving Brother, Spouse...Almighty God.

We Adore you O Christ and we praise you, because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world.


"Let us boldly ask Christ by what way he is going to the Father;
and he will answer us: by way of the cross...
We must go by the way of the cross too
if we want to enter into the glory of Christ."
~ St. Anthony of Padua

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

Your beautiful prayer and your entry on the God of Restoration seem connected. Embracing our cross everyday and not growing discouraged. So many (it sometimes seems all) of our crosses are self imposed. And yet, Our Lord, in his mercy, uses these crosses to empty us of ourselves. To surrender all that we cling to here on earth. This total emptying is my greatest challenge. To face everyday with unfulfilled resolutions, to fail in my patience and love, to fail my children through my sinfulness and short comings. Pray for me.

Thank you for all your wonderful insights. I am honored to share with you. Your MOPS groups is very blessed.

Victoria

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
I agree with Victoria, your MOPS group is very blessed to have you as a mentor mom.
May you learn from them as much as they learn from you.

God Bless,
Stella