Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Watching Weight

Started becoming aware of a gentle nudging with regard to my eating habits. I've worked really hard for a long time to ignore them. I'll read or watch TV when I'm eating. Listen to the radio. Anything to keep me from hearing the voice that's saying,"Jackie, dear, don't you think that's enough?"

It occurred to me that I stopped 'watching my weight' and paying attention to what I ate back in 1992 when I got out of the Air Force. I've gained seventy pounds as a result in addition to the thirty I was already carrying. So since Bill and I got married I have gained 100lbs. This like putting a gun to my head and pulling the trigger in slow motion. At this point, overeating, not exercising and not watching my weight is a form of suicide. "Repent and return to the Gospel!"

The Father says, "I place before you today life and death; the blessing and the curse. Choose life." Choosing life for me today means listening to the voice in my heart that's saying, "Let's stop this madness, shall we?"

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: