Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Year Later...

This picture was taken of us last Christmas outside of Notre Dame in Paris. We spent that first anniversary with my sister Bobbi and her family. As our luck would have it, they were living in Germany at the time:) (still are, actually). We took a day trip to Paris. It was a beautiful adventure that taught me again how great my kids are and how important it is to be with family no matter how far away they are.

This year Bobbi and her sons are here in the States visiting us for Christmas. We're deeply blessed that my parents moved back to our home town this summer so we are all here together now. I'm comforted that not only is Bill's family close by, but that my family is near as well. When it's thirty below zero and people are wondering aloud why we live in South Dakota, I just remember...it's the people.

No comments: